OUR PROVEN PROCEDURE FOR REBUILDING CIRCUIT BREAKERS
All circuit breakers and switchgear are completely rebuilt and tested in accordance with the following procedure:
• Complete disassembly
• Inspection of each part for physical and electrical integrity.
• Close inspection of the arcing and main contacts. Can replace or machine per manufacturer’s specifications.
• Worn or damaged mechanism, frame or racking parts replaced.
• Testing all electrical parts, replacing as needed, repainting and reinsulating.
• Manufacturer paint matched and breaker repainted.
• Arc chutes inspected, replaced or repaired as needed.
• Wiring inspected and replaced. If needed, using the manufacturer’s original wiring diagram.
• All wiring is inspected for proper tie wraps.
• Lubricate using Mobil 1 oil and Mobil 28 grease. Unless manufacturer specifications are required.
• Reassembled and adjusted according to manufacturers’ specifications.
• All breakers are inspected for loose bolts after assembly.
• All breakers will be in equal-to-new condition with a 2-year guarantee on all parts and workmanship.
OUR ELECTRICAL TESTS INCLUDE:
• Measure contact resistance across main contacts and all current carrying parts.
• Complete nominal, minimum and maximum voltage tests on the charging motor, close/trip coils and relays.
• Test continuity across all switches and auxiliary contacts.
• If charging motor is used, inspect the brushes and replace as needed.
• Perform insulation resistance test on electrical wiring per manufacturers’ specifications or NETA standards.
• Do insulation resistance test on all current carrying parts as specified by the manufacturer or NETA standards.
• Perform an over-potential test on all phases as specified by the manufacturer or NETA standards (MV only).
• Breakers are required to charge, close and trip a minimum of 10 times.
• Anti-pump functions are tested as required.
• Trip units are secondary injected for proper function of all settings per manufacturers’ specifications (LV only).
• Circuit breakers are primary injected on each phase with low voltage/high current to properly test the protective circuit. This includes testing of the trip unit, CT’s, wiring and actuator. All functions are tested including ground fault, long time, short time and instantaneous functions. All tests are compared to manufacturer’s trip time curves and specifications (LV only).
No matter the current shape or state of your circuit breaker, we have the solution. All worn parts to be replaced; broken or missing parts will be switched out as well. All breaker rebuilds as supplied will be in equal-to-new condition with a two-year guarantee.